How To Choose A Tempe Business Broker
Choosing the right Tempe Business Broker to sell your business is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. If you choose right, you will most likely end up selling your business and for the most money possible. If you choose wrong, you may not sell your business or may leave money on the table. Below is a list of questions you should ask when interviewing an Arizona Broker:
1. How much experience do you have?
You don’t want to leave the sale of one of your biggest assets in the hands of a novice. It takes years of experiencing to learn how to properly facilitate the sale of a business. Only choose an experienced Broker.
2. Are you a member of the AZ Business Brokers Association (AZBBA)?
The AZBBA is the local trade organization for the Business Broker Industry. Members agree to abide by certain ethical standards. By choosing an AZBBA member to sell your business, you will be dealing with an ethical Broker.
3. Are you a member of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)?
The IBBA is the largest Business Broker trade group in the world. Members of this group receive advanced education and great global networking opportunities.
4. Are you a Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)?
The IBBA awards the Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) designation to Business Brokers who successfully complete educational classes and tests to prove they are competent to facilitate the sale of businesses. You’re taking a chance hiring an Arizona Business Broker to sell your business who doesn’t take their career serious enough to spend the time and money to make sure they are as up to date and educated as possible in the process of selling businesses.
5. Do you co-broke with other agents?
Many local Business Brokers do not co-broke. This is a disservice to their clients. By not co-brokering with other agents, they severely limit the pool of buyers they can sell your business to.
6. Are you a full-time agent?
Being a successful Arizona Business Broker takes a lot of time and hard work. I have never met a successful part-time Broker.
7. Do you only sell businesses or do you sell residential real estate also?
It is in your best interest to hire an agent that specializes in selling Tempe businesses. Selling a business takes a different skill set than selling a house. If you would like to speak with a Tempe Business Broker who meets all of these criteria, contact Phil Reese at 480-707-7721 or email@example.com
7077 E. Marilyn Road, Bldg. 4 Suite 130
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
More from my site
- FAQ Frequently Asked Questions Q: How much is your commission? A: That depends on the size of your business. The higher the listing price, the lower the commission. Our company offers two commission structures. The first option is you can choose to pay a straight success fee. This means, you only...
- Tempe Business Broker Call Tempe Business Broker Phil ReeseWhen You Are Ready To Sell Your Tempe Business! If you would like to sell your Tempe business, I can help. As an experienced Arizona business broker, I see that the Tempe business sales market is on the upswing and now is a prime time...
- For Buyers Buyers Beware! Believe it or not, Buyers have a BAD name in our industry. Not real Buyers mind you because without them I would be out of business. It’s the pretend Buyers that cause the problem. We Arizona Business Brokers are fairly leery when someone calls us about a listing....
- “I Don’t Need A Business Broker To Help Me Sell My Tempe Business.” That was the response of a particular business owner. Unfortunately for him, he was wrong. It ended up costing him a lot of money. How? He found a buyer he thought was perfect and decided to carry a note for half of the selling price. He did this because most...
- Scottsdale Business Broker Call Scottsdale Business Broker Phil Reese When You Are Ready To Sell Your Scottsdale Business! Would you like to sell your Scottsdale business? If so, I would highly recommend you use a Scottsdale Business Broker, that being me, because I know the area well and have sold many businesses in...
- Why You Should Use a Scottsdale Business Broker and Not Try to Sell Your Company By Yourself. Why You Should Use a Scottsdale Business Broker and Not Try to Sell Your Company By Yourself. Why You Should Use a Scottsdale Business Broker and Not Try to Sell Your Company By Yourself. Here are a few reasons why hiring a business broker can truly pay off. Scottsdale, Arizona...
- Mesa Business Broker Call Mesa Business Broker Phil Reese When You Are Ready To Sell Your Mesa Business! If you are looking to sell your Mesa business, you should consider the advantages of using a business broker who is familiar with the Mesa market. One advantage of using a Mesa business broker is...
- How Do You Keep the Sale of My Business Confidential? This is one of the most common questions I get asked by potential sellers. Most sellers are very concerned about confidentiality. In most cases, the seller does not want their employees and vendors knowing their company is for sale because it can be very destructive to the business. Continue reading...