How To Choose A Tempe Business Broker
Choosing the right Tempe Business Broker to sell your business is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. If you choose right, you will most likely end up selling your business and for the most money possible. If you choose wrong, you may not sell your business or may leave money on the table. Below is a list of questions you should ask when interviewing an Arizona Broker:
1. How much experience do you have?
You don’t want to leave the sale of one of your biggest assets in the hands of a novice. It takes years of experiencing to learn how to properly facilitate the sale of a business. Only choose an experienced Broker.
2. Are you a member of the AZ Business Brokers Association (AZBBA)?
The AZBBA is the local trade organization for the Business Broker Industry. Members agree to abide by certain ethical standards. By choosing an AZBBA member to sell your business, you will be dealing with an ethical Broker.
3. Are you a member of the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)?
The IBBA is the largest Business Broker trade group in the world. Members of this group receive advanced education and great global networking opportunities.
4. Are you a Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)?
The IBBA awards the Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) designation to Business Brokers who successfully complete educational classes and tests to prove they are competent to facilitate the sale of businesses. You’re taking a chance hiring an Arizona Business Broker to sell your business who doesn’t take their career serious enough to spend the time and money to make sure they are as up to date and educated as possible in the process of selling businesses.
5. Do you co-broke with other agents?
Many local Business Brokers do not co-broke. This is a disservice to their clients. By not co-brokering with other agents, they severely limit the pool of buyers they can sell your business to.
6. Are you a full-time agent?
Being a successful Arizona Business Broker takes a lot of time and hard work. I have never met a successful part-time Broker.
7. Do you only sell businesses or do you sell residential real estate also?
It is in your best interest to hire an agent that specializes in selling Tempe businesses. Selling a business takes a different skill set than selling a house. If you would like to speak with a Tempe Business Broker who meets all of these criteria, contact Phil Reese at 480-707-7721 or [email protected]
7077 E. Marilyn Road, Bldg. 4 Suite 130
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Mesa Business Broker ...
- How To Make 2016 One Of The Most Profitable Years Of Your Life! If you are a business owner, how can you make 2015 one of the most profitable years of your life? Answer – Call Business Broker Phil Reese and sell your business. You get lots of cash, extra free time, and less stress. Continue reading →...
- Is This a Good Time To Sell My Business? Is This a Good Time To Sell My Business? The answer is… Actually, there are three possible answers…Yes, Maybe, or No It depends on what category your business falls in. The answer is Yes if the following apply. 1. Your business is profitable. Preferably making at least $100K a year...
- How Are Business Acquisitions Financed? When buying or selling a business in Phoenix, it is important to know upfront how deals get financed so there are no surprises or false expectations. Continue reading →...
- How To Be Prepared For A Buyer’s Due Diligence How To Be Prepared For A Buyer’s Due Diligence Getting Ready For a Due Diligence When Selling Your Business If you are preparing to sell your business, you’ll hear a lot about “due diligence.” In essence, this refers to the efforts that a potential buyer utilizes to research a business...
- Contact Phil Reese, CBI – Arizona Business Broker West USA Realty 7077 E. Marilyn Road, Bldg. 4 Suite 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 Monday – Sunday: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM Cell : 480-707-7721 Ofc : 480-948-5554 Fax : 623-888-3796 Email: [email protected] Your privacy is always important. Your information will not be...
- Buying Or Selling A Business As An Asset Sale vs A Stock Sale: What’s The Difference? Buying or Selling a Business as an Asset Sale vs a Stock Sale: What’s The Difference? What Type Of Business Sale Option Is Best For You? If you are thinking about buying or selling a business, you might not know of the different types of business sale options. Most businesses...
- Why Do People Sell Their Business? Why Do People Sell Their Business? There are many things to consider when selling your small business and many precautions to take along the way. The first thing is to identify your WHY? Why are you selling your business? The answer can change everything, from how fast you can sell...